Ice fishing can be a fun experience with friends and family, but safety should always be top of mind especially in early and late season. Every year there are a number of injuries and even deaths related to ice fishing accidents. When it comes to ice fishing gear, most anglers forget to add safety into the list. Protect yourself and family with some ice fishing safety gear, which might save lives if the situation arises.
Top Selling Ice Fishing Picks (Quick Picks)
|1||Frabill Deluxe Retractable Ice Picks||$12.91 $10.97||Check On Amazon|
|2||Eagle Claw Ice Safety Picks Red, Medium||77 Reviews||$7.99||Check On Amazon|
|3||Ice Fishing: The Ultimate Guide (Heliconia Press) Fundamentals, Techniques, and Gear for Catching...||$24.84||Check On Amazon|
|4||Genericl 2pcs Fishing Safety Pick Outdoor Life Saving Dual Handheld Hammer with Safety Belt||$13.00||Check On Amazon|
Want more info on the best ice fishing picks. Read our reviews and detailed descriptions for each product below.
Best Ice Fishing Picks and Ice Safety Gear Reviews
- Frabill 6579 Retractable Ice Picks
- Frabill 6580 Ice Safety Kit
- Celsius Two Steel Spikes
- Celcius Ice Fishing Safety Kit
- Goglobe Rescue Throw Bag
- Clam Floating Ice Picks
- Best Marine Throw Bag Rescue Rope
- Scotty #793 Throw Bag
- NRS Pick-of-Life Ice Awls
Frabill 6579 Retractable Ice Picks
- Frabill | Trusted By Anglers Since 1938
- Ice picks help you climb out in the event of an emergency situation where you fall through the ice
- Designed to be worn | Simply hold one handle in each hand then put on your jacket or coat | Ice Picks will stay at the base of your sleeve to be easily within reach in the event of an emergency
- Retractable guard on each pick
- Cord stretches to 72 inches
Frabill 6580 Ice Safety Kit
- Frabill | Trusted By Anglers Since 1938
- Includes | Whistle, retractable ice picks, and one pair of XL ice creepers
- Safety whistle alerts others to danger
- Ice Picks | Designed to be worn, simply hold one handle in each hand then put on your jacket or coat | Picks will stay at the base of your sleeve to be easily within reach in the event of an emergency
- XL Ice Creepers | Rubber pull-ons attach to boots easily | 10 carbide spikes per creeper provide sturdy grip across ice to keep you upright and safe
Celsius Two Steel Spikes
- Offers A Safe And Simple Method Of Extraction From Frigid Waters.
- Molded Plastic Is Ribbed And Easy To Grip When Wet.
- Conveniently Sized Life-Saving Device.
- Easily Stored In A Jacket, Or Vest.
Celcius Ice Fishing Safety Kit
- Package length: 23.876 cm
- Package width: 13.97 cm
- Package height: 4.064 cm
- Product Type: FISHING EQUIPMENT
Goglobe Rescue Throw Bag
- Rescue throw bag with rope 60' x 10/32" 550 lb test/18m x 8mm 250 kg test
- Throw rope made by polypropylene in bright yellow color for high visibility can floats on water surface
- High visibility soft bucket with reflective strip safety band and foam floatation Insert designed to float
- Drawstring and cord lock top closure self-draining bag keep rope tangle free
- Heavy-duty, twisted core with jacketed lining for extra strength and durability
Clam Floating Ice Picks
- Product Type: Fishing Equipment
- Package Dimensions: 4.064 L X 9.652 W X 18.796 H (Centimeters)
- Country Of Origin: China
- Package Weight: 0.136 Kilograms
Best Marine Throw Bag Rescue Rope
- HOW WE’RE DIFFERENT – Unlike other rescue bags with shorter ropes, our throw rope is 70 feet long and capable of reaching a longer distance. Each safety bag and rope is bright orange in color (easy to see) and weighs 1.5lbs, which is an ideal weight for accurate throws.
- SUPERIOR DESIGN - Each bag is 12” long x 5” in diameter. They’re made of durable, high quality nylon and contain a flotation insert that prevents the bag from sinking when a rescue is in progress. The 70 foot marine grade rope is 3/8 inch thick, has 1,500 pound tensile strength and can withstand all weather conditions.
- MULTIPLE USES - Our throw bags are designed for multiple purposes. Whether your kayaking, canoeing, sailing or even ice fishing, our water safety throw bag is a must have for any water activity.
- EASY TO USE - When a rescue needs to be made, simply hold the top loop of the rope and throw the bag to to your target. The 70 feet of rope will release from the bag as it’s flying through the air. The rope should be carefully stuffed into the bag after each use (not coiled or tied). Make sure to practice with your bag on dry land to become familiar with its performance
- RISK FREE PURCHASE – BEST Marine & Outdoors offers complete customer satisfaction. If for any reason you are not absolutely happy with your throw bag, we will replace or refund your order, no questions asked.
Scotty #793 Throw Bag
- Country Of Origin : Canada
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 11.1 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 4.55 Inches
- The Package Width Of The Product Is 10.75 Inches
NRS Pick-of-Life Ice Awls
- ESSENTIAL GEAR FOR THE GREAT OUTDOORS: Pick-of-Life awls are for self-rescue, allowing you to crawl on top of the ice using the picks as traction, or you can also slide them to someone who has fallen through the ice
- COMPACT, FLOATING DESIGN: Our ice picks are fashioned from plastic materials that make them virtually indestructible and unsinkable - so if you accidentally drop one in water, you can easily spot and retrieve it
- RETRACTABLE SAFETY COVERS: Made with built-in retractable, spring-loaded safety covers to protect you from the sharp ice claws, you can easily stow them away in your life jacket, snow suit, or backpack when they are not in use
- HIGHLY VISIBLE: Each ice pick is a bright orange color that is easy to see during blizzards or snow storms, so you don’t have to worry about losing sight of it while you are conquering the great outdoors or scaling that mountain
- GREAT FOR ANY COLD WEATHER ADVENTURE: Our ice equipment and picks are used by snowmobilers, mountain climbers, ice skaters, ice fishers, extreme sports enthusiasts, and rescue personnel
Stay Safe on the Lake with the Best Ice Fishing Safety Equipment
Study up on ice fishing safety to ensure you don’t get hurt out on the ice! Always dress warm and protect your hands from frostbite with ice fishing gloves. Keep a pick on your in case you fall through the ice, but take preventative measures like checking the thickness of the ice first to avoid this altogether!
Also see these articles on additional ice fishing gear for this season: