Shimano SLX DC Baitcasting Reel
Shimano has always been a favorite because they are known for great fishing reels. The Shimano SLX DC is the newest baitcaster from Shimano, and has already received great reviews from anglers. This is one of the newest and already one of the best baitcasting reels.
The Shimano SLX DC uses Shimano’s new DC (Digital Control) braking system, with an easy to use, externally adjustable brake dial that makes adjustments easy. The HAGANE body is strong and rigid, but still light so it won’t weigh down the reel.
Super Free Spool technology eliminates friction from the pinion gear. Shimano’s S3D stable spool design is better balanced for reduced spool vibration, resulting in smooth casting and retrieve.
The latest in baitcasting reels from Shimano, the SLX DC holds up very well in a long line of quality Shimano reels. If you’re interested in trying digital control braking, this is the baitcaster for you.
Shimano SLX DC 150 Reel Specs:
- Gear Ratio: 6.3:1
- Line Capacity (lb/yds): 10/120, 12/110, 14/90 (Mono), 20/150, 30/135, 40/105 (Braid)
- Line Retrieve: 26 in
- Weight: 7.6 oz
- Bearings: 4+1
- Max Drag: 12 lbs
- HaganeBody - The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. Iy'ss efficiency through strength.
- SVS Infinity - Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits
- S3D Spool - This technology leads to reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feel casting and retrieveing lures
- Super Free Spool - Was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, hen the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of the length of the cast. With Super Free, the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment.
Check out other Top-Rated Baitcasting Reels:
- Daiwa Tatula SV TW Baitcast Reel
- Pflueger President XT Low Profile Reel
- Lew’s Fishing Tournament MB Baitcast Reel
- Abu Garcia Ambassadeur Morrum ZX Baitcasting Reel
- Penn Fathom II Star Drag Reel
- KastKing Royale Legend Baitcasting Fishing Reel
- Okuma Citrix Low Profile Baitcaster
- Piscifun Phantom Carbon Baitcasting Reel
- Shimano Curado K Baitcast Reel
- Abu Garcia Revo SX