Trolling is one of the most effective ways to catch fish. You cover more water and potential fish using the trolling method. In this post we will help you figure out the best trolling rod to by for your needs.
Finding the right trolling rod for you depends on the types of fish you are targeting and the type of water. The following trolling rods will be good for both fresh and saltwater trolling.
The Best Trolling Rods:
- Penn Senator Trolling Rod
- Daiwa Heavy Trolling and Bottom Fishing Rod
- Shimano TDR Heavy Trolling Rod
- Okuma Classic Pro GLT Downrigger Rod
- Fiblink 1-Piece Heavy Trolling Rod
- Daiwa Wilderness Trolling Rods
- Ugly Stick Bigwater Trolling Fishing Combo
- Okuma Great Lakes Trolling Rod & Reel Combo
- Ugly Stik Walleye Round Combo
- Fiblink Saltwater Offshore Trolling Rod
- Chrome plated guides between roller guides to prevent corrosion and increase strength
- Aluminum gimbal with cover, designed to prevent corrosion
- Machined aluminum reel seat
- 1-Piece tubular glass blank with solid tip
- Chrome plated guides between Aftco roller stripper and roller tip - Aftco guides provide frictionless motion on all types of line
Daiwa Heavy Trolling and Bottom Fishing Rod
- Rugged, solid fiberglass blank
- Quality, stainless-hooded reel seat
- Hard-chromed stainless guides on conventional rods
- Custom guide wrap
- Features multi-coat epoxy finish
Shimano TDR Heavy Trolling Rod
- The proven TDR Trolling series continues as a mainstay for those anglers looking for a rod to match with their downriggers; dipsy divers or other trolling applications
- Reinforced with durable Aeroglass blank construction that provides incredible sensitivity
- Reinforced with Aluminum Oxide Guides providing long lasting durability and decreased line wear for better corrosion resistance and heat dissipation
- Equipped with comfortable EVA foam rubber grips that add comfort while providing a great hold even when wet. Features a split grip style handle for offshore conditions
- Length: 9'6" / Power: Medium Heavy / Action: Moderate Fast / Mono Line(lb. test): 15-30 / PowerPro Line(lb. test): 15-40 / Foregrip Length (in): 6 / Reargrip Length (in): 12 / Guide Type: Aluminum Oxide / Blank Material: Aeroglass / Pieces: 2
Okuma Classic Pro GLT Downrigger Rod
Fiblink 1-Piece Heavy Trolling Rod
- Solid Construction - Solid E-glass graphite composite blanks offer incredible pulling power. Strong and structurally enhanced solid glass fiber construction, maximizes strength while maintaining sensitivity. Length of 5'6" for IFGA standup fishing.
- High-Quality Roller Guides - Smooth polished line protecting stainless steel roller guides, wear free line flow, and providing saltwater approved corrosion resistant and power control.
- Extreme Exposure Reel Seat -Aluminum alloy wheel seat with tapered hood transitions above and below reel seat protecting cap.
- High Density EVA Handles - High density EVA gives greater sensitivity and durability. Handles and butts grips that provide comfort and a sure grip in all conditions. Durable EVA grips offer light weight and all day comfort.
- Excellent Design - Precise data calculation and the perfect combination of performance presents a cost-effective pole; Powerful, versatile, and flexible.
Daiwa Wilderness Trolling Rods
- Durable fiberglass blank
- Cut-proof aluminum oxide guides
- EVA grips and hook keeper
- Durable, resilient
- Comfortable EVA grips.
Ugly Stick Bigwater Trolling Fishing Combo
- Ugly Stik Clear Tip design for extra strength
- Ugly Tech construction with a combination of Graphite and fiberglass to create a strong, yet sensitive rod
- Ugly Tuff one piece stainless steel double-footed guides provide maximum durability and eliminate insert pop-outs
- Durable EVA grips
- 30 size line counter reel
Okuma Great Lakes Trolling Rod & Reel Combo
- Product Type: Fishing Equipment
- Country Of Origin: China
- Item Package Weight: 0.794 Kgs
- Item Package Dimensions: 7.62 L X 8.89 W X 134.62 H (Cm)
Ugly Stik Walleye Round Combo
- Medium light action casting rod ; Rod Length : 7'6"
- Ugly tuff one-piece stainless steel guides
- Ugly stik clear tip design
- 20 size line counter reel features 2 ball Bearings
- On/off bait clicker
Fiblink Saltwater Offshore Trolling Rod
- Heavy-duty Roller Guides minimize strain on you and your line
- Top-quality, extra-tough 1-piece tubular E-glass graphite composite blanks
- Machined aluminum alloy reel seat keeps reel in place without corrosion
- Aluminum gimbal butt with cap; High density EVA foam handle and foregrips
- Fiblink Warranty:One Year Warranty Just feel free to contact seller if there is anything wrong with the Fiblink Fishing Rod, we will solve your problem as soon as possible.Money back for non-artificial damage and 100% satisfaction service!
Trolling is one of the most popular ways to boat fish, so fine tuning this skill will land you a lot of fish. If you are fishing saltwater and your trolling rod has rollers, be sure to clean your pole after every fishing trip otherwise corrosion will ruin your rod. Trolling is a great way to fish, just put your line in the water and your rod in the holder. Sit back and wait for bites. Try out these top trolling rods and let us know how they work by leaving a comment!