Nothing beats a stringer full of big crappie to fill up the frying pan after a long day of fishing. Catching large crappie comes down to the right lures and technique to entice the bite. Use the best crappie lures to improve your chances of catching crappie on your next fishing trip. Crappie are typically smaller and eat smaller prey, so mimic their eating preferences when choosing your lures.
Best Lures for Crappie Fishing in 2020
We’ve compiled our favorite crappie lures, known for triggering bites when fishing for crappie. Try these top-rated crappie lures on your next fishing trip to make a great catch!
These are the Best Crappie Lures:
- Johnson Beetle Spin Nickel Blade
- Mepps Ultra Light Spinner Kit
- Sougayilang Jigs
- Leland Lures Crappie Magnet Body Pack
- Blakemore Road Runner
- Charlie Brewer’s Slider
- Northland Mimic Minnow Spin
The genuine authentic beetle spin is simple and easy to use for the novice or avid angler. The bright, matching safety-pin spinner is easy to remove when you want a plain jig for deepwater presentations. Featured translucent polycarbonate jig head, steel shot adds weight for better jigging and louder and harder rattle calls in fish from farther away. Available in yellow/black stripe color with nickel blade. Measures 2-inch length.
- Hook size: 8
- Style: nickel blade
- Color: Fire orange/chartreuse
- Beetle spin is simple and easy to use for the novice or avid angler
- The bright, matching safety-pin spinner is easy to remove when you want a plain jig for deepwater presentations
Mepps Ultra Lite Spinner Kit
I’m a big fan of the mepps ultra light spinners kit. I’ve been catching crappie since I was a little kid and trolling through a school of panfish with one of these lures, you are sure to get a bite each time.
Ultra Lite pan fish anglers will really appreciate the durability of these little spinners. Included is everything from an #00 Ultra Lite Wooly Worm to a #00 Aglia Long Mino. Any one of these lures is perfect for pulling pan fish from the weeds or coaxing crappie out of hiding. These tiny lures will catch crappie, perch and blue gill. Perfect for hiking or backpacking. Fish them with Ultra Lite spinning gear.
- Crafted from the highest quality material
- Perfect for outdoor and even indoor use
- Made in United States
- All Mepps spinners feature solid brass bodies and blades
- Mepps #00 Aglia Wooly Worm Gold
Fish this with a traditional jig technique with lift and drop or, if that’s not paying off try a straight retrieve mixing your action until you find that which is exciting your target.
Fish can be very fussy at times so having a jig like the Sougayilang Micro Jig Lure will be the extra edge you need to get the fish biting. Great for catching different panfish and crappie.
- This Micro Jig Lure includes 5 Different Colors of Metal Fishing Spoons. Size:6.5cm/2.56in, 12g/0.47oz. 5PCS Lure in One Plastic Box.
- The Quality Components and Hand Painted Finish, Realistic vivid Eye and Chemically Sharpened, Heavy-duty Mustad Hooks Stand the Vector Jig Apart from Lesser Quality Jigs.
- Small Lures Offer BIG Potential.Vector jigs have a Seductive fall and are Designed to be Worked Either Vertically or Cast and Retrieved Using a Variety of Retrieve Techniques from a Slow Lift to a High Speed Burn.Ensures that the Vector Jig has You Covered for the Most Popular Jigging Target Species.
- All the 'Big Names' on the Reefs Seem to Love Them, from Snapper, Bight Redfish, Harlequin, Blue Morwong, Thumper King George Whiting, through to Trevally, Flathead, Swallowtail and more. But these Jigs also Attract a lot of Attention from many other Species, from Pike, Blue Devils and a Swag of others Which Keeps You Guessing with Each hook-up, and Pleasingly it Means Your Rod is Bent more Often than Not!
- Micro Jigging on the Slightly Deeper Reefs Tends to Offer the Greater Species Diversity, and the Fish are Generally Tightly Packed and Highly Competitive and Ready to Crunch Your Jig!
Leland Lures Crappie Magnet Body Pack
The Crappie Magnet Best of the Best 115 piece kit is the newest Crappie Magnet kit. It has all the best Crappie Magnet colors along with their Double Cross Heads and E-Z Slotted Crappie Floats. All you need to begin catching more Crappie than your buddies.
- BEST OF LELANDS CRP
- Crappie Magnet Bodies
- Double Cross Heads: 5 ea. - 1/8 oz., 1/16 oz., 1/32 oz.
- E-Z Crappie Floats: 4 - 2" Slotted Cigar Floats.
Blakemore Road Runner
The Blakemore Road Runner Heads come with barbed heads on the bleeding baits hooks. The blood red hooks help to trigger a feeding response. Pair this with a soft plastic grub and you have a deadly combination for loading up on crappie and panfish.
- The color is fluorescent red
- One/eighth ounce
- Comes in a five pack
Charlie Brewer’s Slider
The slider 1.5″ grub is an original design by Charlie brewer, sr. From the 1970s. It is made of a 1.5″ soft grub body with a vibra tail. The 1.5″ grub has been proven to catch fish while casting, trolling, or vertical jigging. It is great for crappie and other pan fish, as well as bass. It pairs well with crappie slider heads, slider ball heads, and many other styles of heads.
- This grub has been proven to catch fish while casting, trolling, or vertical jigging
- This is an original design by Charlie Brewer from the mid 1970s and has proven to be a very good lure for Crappie and PanFish
- A lot of Bass have been caught on this lure too
Northland Mimic Minnow Spin
Catches lots of crappies when fished properly. Cast or Troll around fish-holding cover or structure, and in open water. Weedless, for use in vegetation, brush and timber. Vary retrieve or trolling speed with rod pumps, or allow lure to “helicopter” down into open pockets in cover.
- Features a weedless bladed Wire form that flashes & flutters through weeds, brush & Timber
- Catches crappies, Perch, walleyes, bass, pike, Trout and other large predators
- Cast or troll around fish-holding cover or Structure, and in open water
Find the Top Crappie Lures and More on Fishmasters
Crappie are one of the most sought after freshwater panfish in the US. This species is native to North America, and is commonly found in highly vegetated areas of lakes. Crappie do not hibernate in the winter, so they are a popular ice fishing target as well.