If you love ice fishing, you’ll definitely have heard of the impressive new ice fishing cameras that are flooding the market right now. Some of the best underwater fishing camera features allow you to scope out your area from below without alerting fish to your presence.
Use this guide to help you find the best underwater camera for ice fishing so that you can improve your overall experience on the ice.
Best Underwater Ice Fishing Cameras
- Moocor Underwater Fishing Camera
- Eyoyo Portable 7 inch LCD Fish Finder
- Marcum Recon 5
- Lucky Underwater Fishing Camera
- Eyoyo Portable 9 inch LCD
- HXEY Portable Underwater Fishing Camera
- Aqua-Vu AV 715C Underwater Viewing System
- Vexilar FS800 Fish Scout
- Marcum VS485C LCD
- Aqua-Vu AV Micro II
These underwater camera reviews will give you all the information you need about each fishing line camera’s best and worst features. Underwater video camera fishing can be easy if you find the right system. Compare the product features as well as the pros and cons of each brand so that you can buy the right product for you.
Moocor Underwater Fishing Camera
This portable fishing camera is ideal for icy waters. Its special features like the anti-corrosion cable make for an ideal fishing experience. Cold weather and freezing waters are no match for its durable construction. The high resolution camera makes it easy to monitor fish in sunny, rainy, and even night waters.
- High resolution LCD monitor
- Monitor comes with sun visor and LED backlight
- 1000TVL HD Camera
- 15m cable wire
- Night vision capabilities
- Anti-corrosion/cold cable
- Stands up well to corrosion and cold conditions
- Sun visor and night vision mean monitoring any time of day or night
- Massive camera angle for an open view greater than 120 degrees
- Smaller monitor than other brands
This ice fishing camera is ideal for ice fishing in harsh conditions. It has the durability and features to support its functioning even in these intense climates. In intense weather conditions, ice fishing can become a major hassle. Because this underwater fishing camera works so well with cold water, you won’t experience the usual malfunctions or difficulties with faulty equipment.
Eyoyo Portable 7 inch LCD Fish Finder
This beautifully designed fish finder underwater ice fishing camera is one of the best on the market. The best fishing camera and case are beautifully painted for a sleek design. It has a relatively large viewing monitor and standard cord length for deep camera drops.
One of the best parts of this model is that it is less expensive than other brands, without compromising on its high resolution camera and color LCD monitor.
- Color LCD monitor
- 1000TV HD camera
- 12pcs IR LED lights
- Monitor comes with sun visor
- 15m cable wire
- Less expensive than competing brands
- Works continuously for up to eight hours
- Sleek, exciting design and luxury safety case
- Does not come with anti-corrosion or anti-freeze capabilities
This fishing line camera is ideal for anyone looking to ice fish with a high quality, professional camera that doesn’t cost too much. With the price difference, you lose some special features like anti-corrosion capabilities. The system though does keep all the important features like resolution.
It may not stand up to the elements as well, but it functions just like professional brands for much cheaper.
Marcum Recon 5 Underwater Camera Viewing System
This is one of the more expensive systems available on the market. For its price, you are privy to a high resolution monitor with infrared capabilities. You can customize your view for brightness, contrast, and sharpness. This means you get a clearer picture out on the water.
This camera is perfect for the perfectionist who wants to be able to toggle with the camera for an ideal experience. With these extra features though, this model sacrifices its field of view and battery length.
- High resolution, color monitor
- Dark water LED
- Infrared lighting
- 90 degree view
- 50 ft cable wire (about 15 m)
- Adjustment capabilities (brightness, contrast, sharpness, etc.)
- Customizable adjustments for brightness, contrast, and sharpness make viewing a more high quality experience
- Switchable color for customization
- Infrared lighting and dark water LED for night vision
- Only 90 degree field of view is lower than other underwater live fish cams
- Works up to 6 hours continuously (compared to other brands at 8-10 hours)
This is a professional system for someone who wants to use their monitor in some of the tougher visual environments. Its special features make it easy to see the fish even in darkness or obscurity.
Lucky Underwater Fishing Camera
The Lucky Underwater Fishing Camera is a wonderful middle of the line model. Its detecting range is an impressive 120 degrees, meaning that it can see a vast amount of water in day or night.
The RAM compatibility means that you can easily record videos and take photos any time with this high resolution camera.
- High resolution 420TV line
- 120 degree view
- 4.3 inch screen
- 120 degrees of visual detection
- Infrared lights mean night vision capabilities
- RAM compatibility across the board
- You can record videos and take photos stored on any RAM card
- No anti-corrosion capabilities
- Doesn’t come with a sun visor
This system is perfect for someone who is looking to take photos and record videos. While this may not function as well in various climates without the sun visor or anti-corrosion features, it can allow you to see day and night in any type of water.
Infrared light and an impressive 120 degrees of detection mean that your field of view is one of the best on the market.
Eyoyo Portable 9 inch LCD Monitor Fishing Camera
This exciting new fishing camera uses a massive 9 inch monitor. You can carry it easily with you while maximizing your view. Often, these monitors are less than half that size, and can be difficult to view. The infrared LEDs make it possible to continue detecting fish into the night, and it even comes with a sun visor for visibility on bright sunny days.
- 9 inch LCD monitor
- 1000TVL camera
- 12pcs infrared LEDs
- DVR recording capabilities
- Themed design
- Comes with sun visor
- Massive 9 inch monitor for clear views of the water
- Impressive 30m cable means new depths can be reached
- Beautifully designed and painted camera and case
- Only works for a continuous 5-6 hours of battery life at a time
If you want to experience rare camera features like a 30m cable and huge monitor, this is the perfect model for you. The system opts for a stunning design rather than the standard black camera, monitor, and case. Despite its shorter battery life, it can record video at new depths of the ocean.
HXEY Portable Underwater Fishing Camera
This innovative fishing camera system uses temperature and depth sensing technology to help fisherman truly get a sense of their environment. With the impressive 7 inch monitor, you can see your fish clearly for increased chances of catching the fish you are looking for.
- 7 inch color LCD monitor
- 12pcs infrared LEDs
- 1000TVL high definition camera
- Up to 8 hours of battery life
- 15m cable
- Water depth and temperature sensing means increased awareness of fish location
- More durable cables for more weight and strength
- More battery life than other brands
- Doesn’t come with a sun visor
This model combines the best features of several other high end models, at a lower price. With a 1000TVL high definition camera, long battery life, infrared capabilities, a large monitor, and depth and temperature setting, this truly has it all. The cord width is durable to corrosion and cold temperatures for a system that withstands the elements.
Aqua-Vu AV 715C Underwater Viewing System
This system combines a huge monitor with a screen protector to match. Your viewing field is massive with an adjustable view fin. The system prizes visibility as its major feature and even comes with infrared settings and anti-spook customization. The auto low lighting makes it easy to hide the camera without alerting fish to your presence, which is a major concern when using a fishing camera.
- 7 inch LCD monitor
- Comes with sun visor/screen protector
- 50 ft (about 15 m) cable
- Infrared capabilities
- Anti-spook settings with low-light mode and adjustable infrared make it easy to blend in
- Adjustable view fin allows for several additional side or downward views
- More expensive than other models on the market
The anti-spook features make this a valuable purchase for fishing. Users love the large monitor and screen protector for convenience. With a standard 50 ft of cable, you can truly see what you need to see. If you want more of a range, simply use the adjustable view fin.
Vexilar FS800 Fish Scout Underwater Camera
This is one of the more simple systems out there. It is an easy to use color or b/w camera for ice fishing. Its impressive 7 inch monitor is one of the larger available on the market. It comes with a beautiful red and black carrying case, making it compact and portable for taking with you anywhere.
- Color or b/w camera
- Comes with carrying case
- 7 inch LCD monitor
- State of the art camera is durable and easy to use
- Carrying case is handy and keeps the monitor safe and secure
- Massive 7 inch monitor
- One of the more expensive models on the market
- Lacks many of the features offered by other brands (sun visor, infrared lighting, etc.)
This simple model is perfect for someone who wants a user friendly camera without too many adjustments to make yourself. It is easy to use and shows a clear view with its high quality camera. While it lacks anti-corrosion properties as well as features like infrared view and sun visor for different lighting, it is still a great choice for its quality build and construction.
Marcum VS485C LCD Underwater Viewing System
This Marcum is the one I personally use on a regular basis. This viewing system uses a 7 inch widescreen monitor to display high resolution images. You can switch from color to black and white easily and record video for later. The standard 15 m cable allows for deep visibility. It is paired well with the dark water LED lighting capabilities.
- 7 inch widescreen flat panel monitor
- High resolution images
- Switchable color/black and white LCD video
- Darkwater LED lighting
- 50 ft (about 15 m) cable length
- Comes with sun visor
- Large widescreen monitor with a sun visor means better visibility in any weather conditions
- Darkwater LED lighting allows for you to see what you are looking for
- No anti-corrosion features
- No infrared lighting
This high tech system is a great purchase despite its price. For the higher price, you get a series of exciting features that improve convenience, visibility, and overall experience. With a widescreen flat panel monitor and dark water LED lighting, you can see fish almost anywhere. The sun visor makes your monitor easier to read while fishing in the day.
Aqua-Vu AV Micro II Underwater Camera
This impressive system is an angler favorite and uses a high resolution color micro camera attached to the standard 15 m of cable. It has auto infrared lighting and a 135 degree field of view. The difference with the Micro II underwater camera is that it is the size of a smart phone. This means it doesn’t take up too much space and is easy to carry wherever you go.
It is a hassle free model that stays discreet in the water so as not to scare off fish or alert them to your presence.
- High resolution LCD viewing
- Color micro camera
- 50 ft (about 15 m) cable
- Adjustable fin and clip system
- Auto infrared lighting
- Compact and lightweight smartphone sized model makes it easy to hold these right in your hand without getting tired.
- Impressive 135 degree field of view
- Anti-spook lighting so that the fish don’t see you coming
- Only 6 hours of continuous run time on rechargeable battery
The major draw of this product is its massive field of view. You get a 135 degree field of view combined with adjustable fin and clip system for different angles. This paired with the auto infrared lighting makes it one of the best cameras for visibility on the market. It is the perfect choice for anyone who wants an ice fishing camera that sees it all. No more blind spots with this model.
What to Look for When Buying Ice Fishing Cameras
There are a number of key features you’ll want to look at when purchasing a fishing line camera. These features impact how you see the image of fish on your monitor.
How much of the water under the surface that you see depends on a few factors. These are the field of view, cable length, lighting, sun visor, and monitor size. Field of view, cable length, and lighting all refer to the camera below the surface. Monitor size and sun visor impact how well you perceive this image up above.
Field of View
The field of view of your camera refers to the amount of space you’ll be able to see on your monitor, based on the lens on your camera. It is often marked in degrees. A typical field of view can range from 80 degrees to 135 degrees, and more. When purchasing a camera, be sure to look at the field of view so that you know how much freedom you’ll have to actually look around and see under the surface.
Cables are typically about 15 meters (50 feet) long. Sometimes though, they can be longer. This allows you to explore deeper bodies of water and truly get to know your surroundings without having a huge blind spot directly below you.
Lighting impacts more than just daytime visibility. Infrared lighting allows you to see clearly even when it is dark. Cameras can also come equipped with dark water LED lighting to allow for visibility in deep waters.
Monitor Size and Sun Visor
Up above on land, you view what your camera captures on a monitor. Larger monitors mean an easier and better viewing experience. Monitors can be 7, or even 9 inches. These impressively large monitors are perfect for viewing, especially when they are equipped with a sun visor to keep the glare off the screen. You can even find monitors that allow for you to adjust the brightness and contrast for a clearer picture.
Underwater fishing cameras have come a long way. The technology available now allows you to see remarkable images below the surface. Learn about the different features available in this guide so that you can make an educated purchase and find the camera that is right for you.