We always promote being responsible not to over harvest with catch and release first, but we also enjoy a nice bass fillet once in a while. So if you just landed a lunker large mouth bass and need to figure out how to filet it like a pro, this video will show you the way.
Make sure you start by having a nice and sharp fillet knife to get the job done. Having the right fishing gear is half the battle sometimes.
Our recommended fillet knife for bass is:
- DIMENSIONS: 13” overall length with 7” blade
- EASE OF USE: Non-Slip Grip handle for outstanding grip security providing ultimate knife control with trigger grip for added security
- RELIABLE: Features safety guards for protection from the blade and spines of fish
- DURABLE: Ideal for detailed precision cutting, a super thin 8Cr13MoV blade allows for effortless maneuvering to easily remove meat without loss, making it the ideal fishing knife
- CONVENIENT: The Ti-Nitride coated, rust resistant blade cuts through scales easily and features an extra sharp tip to make starting your cut a breeze and a sheath with a belt loop for close, hands free carry
Credit for the video goes to: