Walleye is a prize catch for most fishermen in the Northern parts of the world. They are also a delicious fish for the dinner table. So we have found a great video to help you figure out how to fillet a walleye and do it in under 4 minutes.
As always the key to a successful filleting is having a sharp fillet knife. Nothing is worse than butchering a fish and the fillets are a mess.
Our recommended walleye fillet knife is:
- 9” fixed blade made of 420J2 stainless steel is resistant to corrosion and includes an ABS sheath with belt holster for safe storage
- Soft textured, co-polymer rubber grip for a comfortable in-hand feel that won’t slip and neon-green accents for identifying in a marine environment
- Excellent knife for filleting larger fresh and salt-water fish alike, including tilapia, salmon, snapper, tuna, snapper, carp, eel, bass, catfish and cod
- Keep handy in boats, tackle boxes, trucks, backpacks, on belts or in the kitchen
- Softer blade steel is designed to bend without breaking, easily slicing through the body of a fish for the ideal fillet every time