Catfish are one for the most popular species for freshwater fishing around the world. Catfish can range in size from very small to absolutely huge. It’s important to have the right gear when targeting catfish.
Below we give you our recommended best catfish rods for your next fishing adventure on the water.
Top 7 Catfish Rods:
- Abu Garcia Catfish Commando
gle Claw Catclaw Casting Rod
- KastKing KatTech Catfish Rod
- Okuma Battle Cat Catfish Spinnin
- Rippin Lips Supercat Rod
- Shakespeare Wild Cat Spinning Fishing Rod
- Ugly Stik Catfish Spinning Combo
Abu Garcia Catfish Commando
- Baitcast fishing rod and reel combo specially engineered for catfish angling
- Engineered for smoothness with 2 stainless ball bearings
- Superb clarity, excellent transparency for ultra-low visibility
- 6-pin centrifugal bracket applies consistent pressure for an exceptionally precise cast
- Durable yet lightweight composite blank construction with bold styling. Line rating-15-30 pounds
gle Claw Catclaw Casting Rod
- Product Type: Fishing Equipment
- Package Dimensions: 3.556 L X 5.08 W X 127 H (Centimeters)
- Country Of Origin: China
- Package Weight: 0.068 Kilograms
KastKing KatTech Catfish Rod
- Composite Graphite/S-Glass Construction - KastKing KatTech series rods are designed for tournament anglers targeting massive fish! These lightweight, powerful, composite blanks are made of 24T Graphite combined with linear S-Glass for incredible strength and lifting power but are very light for all day performance.
- Fuji Double Foot Guides - We use only Fuji double footed MN guide frames with SiC rings that will never fail under extreme loads and are designed specifically for use with heavy braids.
- Fuji Reel Seats - We use only Fuji DPS and ECS reinforced reel seats for all models to ensure you¡¯re reels never come loose. These high quality, durable reel seats keep your reel firmly in place even under extreme fishing conditions.
- Custom Rubber Cork Handles - Our custom rubber cork handles are slip resistant, comfortable, durable and easy to remove from rod holders. All rods have a large foregrip for added leverage and include an oversized fighting but that makes landing large fish much easier.
- Chartreuse "Strike Tip" - The bright chartreuse "Strike Tip" enhances early strike detection even in low light conditions and quickly alerts you to even the lightest bites so you never miss a fish.
Okuma Battle Cat Catfish Spinnin
- Durable and powerful E-Glass rod blanks
- EVA fore grip for comfort
- Cork rear grip reduces binding in rod holders
- Double foot welded stainless steel guides
- Heavy duty stainless steel hook keeper
Rippin Lips Supercat Rod
- Proprietary Cat-Glass composite
- High quality components
- Split Grip design for Bump'n or Casting
Shakespeare Wild Cat Spinning Fishing Rod
- High-strength, responsive spinning rod specially designed to handle tough catfish
- Tubular glass blank construction combines rugged durability with an exceptionally balanced feel
- Stainless steel guides with ceramic inserts help eliminate pop-out
- EVA grips keep you comfortable during long days out on the water
- An ideal choice for catfish anglers on a budget
Ugly Stik Catfish Spinning Combo
- Medium heavy action spinning rod
- Ugly tuff one piece stainless steel guides
- Ugly stik clear tip design
Invest in the right fishing rod for catfish and you won’t miss out on landing the big ones next time you are on the water. Catching catfish is fun especially when you have the right gear.