When you are 30 feet from the shoreline and you need to change flies, its best to have all your tackle in one easy to access place. This is where a fly fishing sling pack comes in handy. Similar to fishing vests, you wear sling packs on your chest or side and they hold all your essential gear and tackle nicely organized.
Check out our list of best fly fishing sling packs so you are prepped and ready for your next day on the trout streams and rivers.
Top 10 Fishing Sling Packs
These Are The Best Sling Packs for Fly Fishing
If you are looking for the best sling packs for fly fishing, the following are the top selling sling packs on the market.
- Allen Company Cedar Creek Sling Pack
- Orvis Safe Passage Sling Pack
- Fishpond Summit Sling Fly Fishing Pack
- Piscifun Fishing Tackle Cross Body Sling Bag
- Simms Freestone Ambidextrous Tactical Fishing Sling Pack
- Kingfisher Teton Lightweight Flyfishing Sling Pack
- KastKing Sling Fishing Bag
- El Bolso Fly Fishing Sling Pack
- K&E Outfitters Seeker Series Fly Fishing Sling Pack
- Aventik Fly Fishing Chest Bag
Allen Company Cedar Creek Sling Pack
- Sling design keeps your gear on your back, but swings to the front for access when you need it, with shoulder strap organizer to keep essentials in the front
- Wide-mouth opening allows easy access to main compartment
- Zip-down work station with tippet tender and fly patch
- Padded sling strap, multiple D-rings for accessories, heavy-duty zippers, and water bottle pocket
- Pack features a high-viz lining, and can accommodate multiple fly and/or small tackle boxes
Named for a great fly fishing spot nestled in Western Colorado, Allen’s Cedar Creek Sling Pack keeps your gear on your back but swings to the front when you need it. The front pouch has a zip-down work station with a tippet tender and fly patch. The zippered shoulder strap organizer is designed to keep essentials in the front for easy access, even when the pack is on your back.
With a wide-mouth opening, the main compartment is large enough to hold multiple fly or tackle boxes and features high-viz lining and tons of compartments to help keep you organized. To top it all off, this sling pack has multiple D-rings for accessories, heavy-duty molded zippers, and a water bottle pocket. Sling strap and waist strap are adjustable. Dimensions: 7″ x 6″ x 10.5″.
Orvis Safe Passage Sling Pack
The Sling Pack, Orivs’ most popular style of pack, allows the angler to wear it over one shoulder, completely out of the way, while allowing quick and easy access to gear. The shoulder strap has an ergonomic, cushioned design for all-day comfort. A bright interior allows you to easily spot stray flies, while the molded back panel keeps your body cool and your mind on the fish. Forcep sheath on the shoulder strap features a magnetic anchor for easy access.
Strategically placed water bottle holder can be accessed without turning the pack around. Cord loops allow the addition of a tippet bar, sold separately. Internal pockets and dividers help organize your gear; internal VELCRO Brand strip allows for the addition of a waterproof pocket (8G3H to protect electronics. Sternum straps prevent excess movement of the pack while fishing or hiking.
Unique zinger and tool attachment system allows easy integration of your favorite tool into the pack, providing quick and easy access. Fly-drying patch. 410-denier nylon is coated along the bottom of the pack for increased water resistance. Imported.9″ x 5″ x 15 3/4 “. 641 cu. in. Weight: 1 lb.
Fishpond Summit Sling Fly Fishing Pack
Fishpond is not first to the water with a fishing sling pack, yet typical for Fishpond, when they decide to design any product, they make it to be the very best. The Summit Sling is just that. The most comfortable, durable, and design rich sling available….anywhere. With their recycled fishing net nylon material, you can wear this pack knowing you are making a difference to help keep our planet healthy.
- Includes our patented and signature molded drop down fly/cargo bench with outside velcro for fly foam attachment
- Hypalon and tool attachment features in all the right places
- Flexible TPE lash tabs for rod tubes
- Integrated net sleeve on back panel
- Shoulder pad work station with velcro and Hypalon attachment points
Piscifun Fishing Tackle Cross Body Sling Bag
- WATER-RESISTANT & DURABLE: Water-resistant 1000D high density nylon fabrics, made with high-end equipment to ensure its safety. The abrasion resistant and indestructible KAM buckle and SBS zippers (Full-length double zippers), more durable than the competitors'.
- ADJUSTABLE & DETACHABLE STRAP: Two left/right exchangeable, adjustable and detachable shoulder straps. The main strap length can be extended up to 51.2'', while the associate strap can be extended to 36.2''. Can be used as Sling shoulder bag, backpack, handbag, chest bag, fishing tackle bag, travelling bag etc. Two rod belts to hold your rods.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL TACKLE BAG: Dimension of main compartment: 11.8*8.3*3.9in. It is convenient for you to storage the lures, pliers, line, fishing lure boxes, wallet, phone, ipad, camera, books, keys and other accessories you need in your life.
- UNIQUE INNOVATIVE DESIGN: The humanized reflective sticker helps you be safe by reflecting the lights at dark situation. Ergonomic overall design (widened shoulder strap and rear breathable mesh design) makes the user feel very comfortable.
- MULTIPLE STORAGE COMPARTMENTS & EXTERIOR POCKETS: There are 3 components in the main pocket for clarifying your stuff. 3 external zippered pockets for storing your daily necessaries. Left pocket for water cup/bottle, ,right pocket for the tools, such as pliers. Fashionable and durable whether its for adults or kids. Best choice for outdoor life enthusiasts.
One side of the tackle bag has two pockets and a buckle for holding fishing pliers, fish gripper and keys etc. The fishing tackle bag include two extra rod belts and you can place your rod with them for easy carry around. Unique side water bottle pocket – there are 2 retractable strings to fasten the bottle and keep it in position. There are 2 pockets at the bottom of the bag for placing pliers, fish gripper etc.
You can also hold the fishing rod when use it as chest bag. The untearable mesh air cushion spares enough space between the bag and your back, easy to excrete the sweat and give you super comfortable feeling. Piscifun new tackle bag is made of high quality 1000D Water-Resistant Nylon Fabrics. Precision and solid external suture plus internal waterproof pad greatly improves the water resistance of the bag.
Simms Freestone Ambidextrous Tactical Fishing Sling Pack
- FUNCTIONAL DESIGN: Optimized fishing sling pack with space and features to help you make the most of every cast without weighing you down. Adjustable front panel with dedicated tippet, floatant storage and a magnetic docking station for tools. Plus compression straps to hold your rod for the approach and return hikes
- ERGONOMIC FIT - Full range of motion on the front; simply rotate to your chest and access all your accessories. Opens wide; all straps stay together with velcro to avoid interference while casting
- CAPACITY - Great to stuff everything you need! Including your fly boxes, water bottles, lunch, nets, tippets, camera equipment, indicators, sunglasses, nippers, clippers, forceps and scissors. Designed with dedicated easy long handle net storage
- COMFORTABLE - Choose how you want to carry your slip backpack. This ambidextrous backpack allows you to carry your gear on either the right or left shoulder
- WARRANTY - If your SIMMS product fails due to a defect in workmanship or materials, SIMMS will repair or replace your gear and get you back on the water as soon as possible. If your SIMMS product fails due to excessive wear, accidents and breakdown of materials over extended time, SIMMS will make every effort to repair your gear for a reasonable fee
It’s hard to beat the freedom of traveling light, so the Freestone Ambidextrous Tactical Sling is designed to carry just what you need, nothing more. This 18 L fishing carryall has an array of pockets for positioning everything from camera equipment to tippet to flies – at your fingertips. Included is a magnetic docking station for tools, a retractor attachment and looped webbing for nippers; Four zippers allow easy access to the main body, while compression straps hold your rod for the approach and return hikes; A four-way zipper allows easy access inside from top or either side of pack.
Front shoulder strap with docking station, retractor attachment and looped webbing for nipper storage; Lower shoulder strap has stretch mesh pocket for essentials and floatant storage; Adjustable front panel contains loop field for wet fly storage, secured tippet holder, coated webbing daisy chain, and compression straps with rod storage; Ambidextrous vertical net carry system.
Kingfisher Teton Lightweight Flyfishing Sling Pack
- PERFECT SIZE - The Fly Fishing Sling Pack measures 17 1/12" including the water bottle sleeve, width is approximately 9" fully expanded, side to side is approximately 11 1/2", fits up to a 52" circumference body.
- PLENTY OF ROOM - Sling pack has 3 side zippered pockets with YKK zippers to hold other valuables, a sleeve in the back to carry your net securely, along with a sleeve at the bottom to hold a water bottle. Strategically placed pockets and attachment points to carry a day's worth of gear conveniently and accessible.
- SECURE – Made with water resistant fabric. EVA foam work station pocket-zippered with an inside zippered pocket to hold keys and money, etc. the sling also has two velcro pockets along with space to hold a removable ripple foam fly patch (can go inside or outside the work station). There are attachment points spread on all sides of the sling pack.
- CONVENIENT - A 23 1/2" padded shoulder strap has more attachment hooks and loops to make the most used tools convenient for quick access.
- USA BUSINESS - Our business was created out of a love of fly fishing and the desire to bring the best products to you. We’re based in Southeast Idaho among some of the best trout fishing in the country.
KastKing Sling Fishing Bag
- KEY FEATURES – Versatile design is functional for all activities - Tough, water resistant 600D Polyester material - Store up to (2) 3600 size lure boxes with terminal tackle, fishing lures, and fishing tools– Multiple pockets to organize your gear– Adjustable padded shoulder strap for comfort – Integrated molle straps to secure gear - Bag dimensions 9.25" x 11.5" x 5"
- VERSATILE DESIGN - This light-weight, versatile sling style shoulder bag weighs only 10 ounces and helps to organize essential gear for fishing, hiking, biking, hunting, canoeing, kayaking, or as a sling school bag. The single straps permits the bag to comfortably rest in the middle of your back and provides easy access by simply rotating the bag to the front. Adjust the shoulder strap length and attach to the right or left side based on your preference.
- FUNCTIONAL DESIGN – Front mounted molle straps work great to attach pliers, line clippers, leader line, Bluetooth speaker or other gear. Loop zipper pulls offer quick and easy one finger operation, and a padded back pad helps to cushion the load for a comfortable journey. An integrated key clip ensures your keys will not get lost.
- MULTIPLE POCKETS – With one main pocket and 2 front pockets, the KastKing Sling Bag can effectively manage everything you need for a day of fishing or for your everyday activities. The main pocket can hold (2) 3600 utility boxes (not included) and two front pockets are ideal for stashing additional bags of bait, terminal tackle, and tools. It could also be used for transporting a tablet, wallet, carrying a jacket, or your lunch.
- TOUGH AND WATER RESISTANT – KastKing SB1 sling bag is made from tough 600D PE material to reduce wear and extend the life of the bag. Durable composite clips provide exceptional long-term performance and reliability, while the PVC layer repels moisture to ensure your gear is protected from the elements.
Designed for people on the go, KastKing’s tactical sling bag is designed to efficiently manage your gear so you can stay mobile. This is the ultimate sling tool bag for everything from a hike into the mountains, a fishing adventure, as a school sling bag or for a work commute. The SB1 military sling bag is very tough and water resistant, made from durable 600D polyester material, this small military sling bag is built to withstand the harsh conditions of the great outdoors.
The material is fused with a hydrophobic PVC layer to prevent water intrusion and also boasts composite clips for excellent long-lasting durability . Clever design features of this fishing bag provide tackle storage for the essential fishing gear you’ll need to carry. The side mesh pocket offers a secure place to store water or soda.
El Bolso Fly Fishing Sling Pack
- FLY FISHING SLING PACK: El Bolso = ”The Bag” - Not too big...not too small. A simple yet incredibly functional fly fishing sling bag with TONS of extra D rings and tactical molle webbing to clip your fly fishing gear in the perfect place. We include 2 carabiner clips to perfectly clip your fly rod, combo, or rod tube to the pack for transportation perfection. This is also designed to accommodate a back up fly rod. Not too big, not too small.
- READY TO RUN: Built to move, this is the perfect pack for hiking or trail running with a fly rod to get to epic trout waters. This pack has 3 perfectly designed zippered pockets with perfect spots for leaders, fly boxes and other fly fishing gear.
- READY TO HIKE: Not a runner...Not a problem. We all know the fish that live near the parking lot see a lot of anglers. Hike to the "Less Educated Fish." El Bolso will carry your gear perfectly
- READY TO FISH: Built with tons of places to clip your fly fishing gear, pockets perfectly sized for leaders, tippet, fly boxes, and everything you will need for a day on the water.
- DO YOU NEED THE KITCHEN SINK? This pack is designed for the minimalist. In fly fishing, less is more. Take a pack that allows you to carry the perfect amount of gear, and doesn't let you overweigh yourself. AND El Bolso won't break the bank.
El Bolso = ”The Bag” – A simple yet incredibly functional fly fishing sling bag with tons of extra D rings, tactical molle webbing in multiple places designed to clip your fly fishing gear, and 3 zippered pockets. The large pocket or main pocket is perfect for larger fly boxes, gloves, buff, or your camera. Many 16-20oz water bottles can also fit in this pocket. This pocket also has some dividers inside that makes organizing the pack a cinch. The smaller pocket is great for a small fly box, and your little accessories you will need most often on the water.
The smallest pocket is perfect to carry back up leaders and additional tippet spools. Comes with 2 carabiner clips to perfectly attach your travel fly rod, combo, or rod tube to the pack for travel perfection. This fly fishing sling pack is extremely versatile, and can be switched up to angle left or right depending on where you want it positioned on your body. This is the perfect pack for trail running, hiking, or biking to the perfect water far away from the crowds and the educated fish. If you like to bring everything you need on the water, and don’t want to carry the kitchen sink, this is the pack for you. Not to big, not too small.
K&E Outfitters Seeker Series Fly Fishing Sling Pack
- Plenty of Room: Light Weight and Large Volume Fly Fishing Sling Pack
- Comfortable to Wear: Padded shoulder sling and comfort molded back pad
- Easy Access: Quickly access all your gear without having to take the pack off
- Fully Accessorized: This pack comes with the hemostat, tippet holder, nippers, and retractor zinger shown in the photos
- Durable Construction: Built to handle the rigors of fly fishing and backed by a 1 Year Warranty
This is the “grab and go” pack for a day of wade fishing on our favorite local waters and will hold all the gear needed for a full day of fly fishing…..and the lunch. The right shoulder sling design keeps the pack out of the way of the cast and stays put when fighting and handling fish. The fully adjustable sling strap and stabilizer strap hold the pack secure for almost all body types, including women.
When the time comes to make a fly change or repair your line, simply swing the pack around to your front placing the zippered pouches, tools, flies, extra large fly drying patch, right at your finger tips. When you are done, swing the Seeker Pack back to the rear and you are straight back to fishing.
Aventik Fly Fishing Chest Bag
- FLY FISHING IN MIND DESIGN: Aventik fly fishing chest bag with multiple pocket design. Main pocket and front pocket. This chest pack is designed to meet your need and set you free from a heavy vest or backpack Comparing to a traditional vest, this chest pack will be able to set your hands free and also keep you with no weight on body.
- Aventik chest bag with big enough zippered Main pocket, mesh compartment inside to hold your fly boxes and small fishing accessories. An adjustable neck strap and waist belt will make this chest pack fit with your body comfortably and spread the weight of the gears across the body for avoiding back strain Although this is very light and small.
- Aventik chest bag vest pack tool combo including 1. Single head pulling reel re-tractor, 2. Catch & Release Hemostat, 3.Knot Tyer, 4.Stainless steel line cutter tool combo, 5.Tippet T Holders. A zip down work station and multiple interior storage pockets. This chest pack fits small and medium sized fly box and pack tool;The padded neck strap has a Net D-ring.
- Adjustable padded neck strap and waist belt for a perfect fit for any size. Size: Main pocket size:7.87’’X5.12’’X1.97’’/20X13X5cm. Front pocket size:5.51’’X3.94’’X1.57’’/14X10X4cm. Size: 7.87’’X5.12’’X1.97’’/20X13X5cm. Weight: 5.7oz / 160g. Material: The high grade polyester is used for main body material.
Tips on Choosing the Right Sling Pack
Whether you decide to use a sling pack, vest or backpack, you’ll need the right gear when you are on the water. Choose for comfort and versatility. A quality sling pack will be able to hold all your vital fly fishing gear and be stable for when you are wading through the river currents. Lightweight and water resistant materials are always the way to go.