If you’re looking to get your children involved in adventures out in the water, then you will need to make sure they have the right equipment. Kids waders are necessary to keep your children dry and warm while fishing. Size is important when wearing waders, so you’ll need waders that are made for kids.
Luckily, many companies offer options for little ones. If you are going to take them fly-fishing, hunting, mudding, ATVing, or any other similarly messy activity, then one of the most essential pieces of equipment to invest in is waders.
Best Youth Waders
Below is our list of the best kids fishing waders currently on the market in 2020, accompanied by lists of features, pros, cons, and a verdict to help you make the most educated choice when buying youth fishing waders. Read below to find our top ten picks!
These are the Best Kids Fishing Waders:
- OAKI Toddler & Children’s Neoprene Waterproof Fishing Waders for Kids
- TideWe Chest Wader for Toddler & Children
- Wind River Children and Youth Waterproof Fishing and Hunting Chest Waders
- OAKI Children’s Neoprene Waterproof Fishing Waders
- Ouzong Chest Waders for Kids
- Magreel Kids Chest Waders Waterproof Nylon/PVC Youth Waders
- LONECONE Kids’ Fishing Waders
- Luwint Chest Fishing Waders for Kids
- LANGXUN Hip Waders for Kids
- XMRS Kids Candy Color Chest Waders
OAKI Toddler & Children’s Neoprene Waterproof Fishing Waders for Kids
These versatile, high-quality fly fishing waders are perfect for kids who want to dive right into fly fishing. Made with kids in mind, this product keeps up with all children and is built to last.
- Camo, Pink Camo, and Tan designs
- Chest high
- Multiple Pockets
- Thinsulate insulation in the boots
- Made with natural materials
- Safety belt included
- Easy cleaning and care
- Fits kids of all sizes
- Easy to put on
- Complaints of seams ripping early on
- Reports of inaccurate sizing
These stylish kids waders are great for fishing, mudding, hunting, or anything outdoors where you might get dirty or wet. The neoprene material is durable and lightweight, making this the perfect kids camo waders for any occasion. They come in three colors, suitable for boys and girls.
TideWe Chest Wader for Toddler & Children
These youth waders from TideWe are versatile and durable, allowing children to roam free without fear of getting dirty or wet. Usable in for all sorts of activities, kids will love pulling on these waders for whatever adventure is on the horizon.
- Large chest pocket and hand warmer pockets
- Reinforced knee pads and shoe vamp
- 100% waterproof
- Extra material included
- Made with 3.5mm neoprene
- Provides puncture protection and warmth
- Adjustable and easy to wear
- Durable and versatile
- Materials included for self-maintenance
- Reports of inaccurate sizing
- Complaints of not being warm enough for northern winters
The reinforced knee pads and shoe vamps make this product perfect for adventurous children who are always getting into scrapes. If you need to keep a little one protected while in the great outdoors, then you have come to the right place.
Wind River Children and Youth Waterproof Fishing and Hunting Chest Waders
These waders will keep your kid warm and comfortable no matter what condition they are facing. With a high rating and reasonable price, these youth chest waders are a great choice for youth hunting waders.
- 4mm neoprene
- Double-stitched seams
- Reinforced knees and boots
- Versatile camo pattern
- 100% no questions asked money-back guarantee
- Straps and belt are easily adjustable
- Rigorously tested against leaks
- Snug sizing that children may grow out of quickly
With a thicker neoprene layer than many other comparable models, these youth hunting waders work wonderfully even in frigid conditions. If you’re looking to take your child on a cold-weather trip, then you need these waders.
OAKI Children’s Neoprene Waterproof Fishing Waders
These kids duck waders are perfectly designed as toddler waders. Made from neoprene, these waders can take on anything Mother Nature decides to throw at them.
- Boots with neoprene lining and full tread
- Front chest pocket
- Wader belt to cinch around ribs
- Multi-layer construction
- Boot-lock buckles
- Can be worn with or without socks
- Adjustable, versatile, and breathable
- Reports of improper sizing
Even though these waders are a tad on the expensive side, they provide a great value that you can’t find in many competing brands.
Ouzong Chest Waders for Kids
These lightweight waterproof waders are great for kids on the go. Lighter than many other options, these waders are perfect for smaller or slighter children.
- Made from nylon and PVC
- 100% waterproof fishing boots
- H-back adjustable suspenders
- Waist belt included
- Lighter and more durable than rubber options
- Easy wear and care
- Options for size adjustment
- Not warm enough for extreme temperatures
While these waders may not be the warmest, they come in at an extremely reasonable price with high ratings, making them well-suited for avid hunters, fishers, or mudders.
Magreel Kids Chest Waders Waterproof Nylon/PVC Youth Waders
These lightweight waders are relatively inexpensive and easy to store, making them excellent for long trips with limited packing space.
- Dual-layer construction of 70D nylon and PVC
- Thickened boot soles
- H-back shoulder strap and waist belt
- Reinforced stitches
- Well seamed by hot melting
- Built-in pocket
- Extremely lightweight
- Boots resistant to puncture
- Easy to take on and off
- Adjustable for a snug fit
- Not as warm as neoprene kids waders
You won’t find an option with this high quality at a better price. You need to take advantage of this opportunity to purchase waders for your child that provide such amazing value.
LONECONE Kids’ Fishing Waders
These stylish kids waders will have any child excited to get out in the water and catch some fish. The colorful rainbow trout print design will be enticing for any child who wants to look great while catching a big one.
- Lined kangaroo pocket
- Tested to withstand over 100 hours of activity
- Triple-layer reinforcement of high strain areas
- Poly-nylon that is 100% waterproof
- Relaxed fit
- Neoprene-lined boots
- All-season guarantee
- Lightweight, durable, and versatile
- Full freedom of movement
- Kids can put on and take off on their own
- Reasonable price
- Complaints of leakage and seam separation
- Some sizing issues
Summer fishers need to invest in these waders made from such a lightweight material. While not recommended for winter, even the hottest of summer conditions are no match for this breathable and durable product.
- INSPIRED BY NATURE - A colorful, rainbow trout print on the front pocket adds a splash of fun for young adventurers; Perfect for fishing trips, helping with the farm or garden, riding ATVs, and any other outdoor activity that could be wet or muddy
- DESIGNED WITH A CHILD IN MIND - Features a lined kangaroo pocket to warm up cold hands and a secure chest pocket to stash tackle, snacks, or treasures; A relaxed fit and large buckles allow kids to get in and out of their waders on their own
- PLAY PROOF - Tested to withstand over 100 hours of activity without loss of function, our chest height waders protect their clothes from dirt and grime while they discover the great outdoors; Triple layer reinforcement of high-wear areas for extra durability and articulated knees for full freedom of movement
- 100% WATERPROOF - Every bit as waterproof as neoprene, our poly-nylon fabric is lighter, more flexible, and breathable, making these waders a great choice for summertime; Taped seams and integrated boots lined with neoprene help kids stay dry; See size chart in the carousel for proper fit
- ALL SEASON GUARANTEE - To deliver the most value to you and your little ones, every LONE CONE product is guaranteed to last a full 6 months without loss of function; Customers are entitled to a refund or replacement should a product fall short of our standard of quality
Luwint Chest Fishing Waders for Kids
This adorable product will have your child ready for any outdoor challenge imaginable. With bright blue boots and a chest wader made from soft, lightweight, and durable material, your child will be so prepared for the elements.
- PVC fabric
- Elastic waist design
- Chest pocket
- Sturdy non-slip boot tread pattern
- Wader belt repair kit included
- Easy wear and care
- Soft and lightweight
- Environmentally-friendly fabric
- Great traction
- One-year warranty
- Occasional sizing issues
- Reports of not being warm enough for cold weather
The Luwint Chest Fishing Wader is a wonderful option for kids of all ages because of how easy it is to put on, use, take off, and care for.
- Soft and Comfortable - Made of high quality pvc fabric, the kids chest wader feels very soft and friendship to children
- Elastic Waist Design - The kids fishing waders are designed with elastic waist fits for children of different body type, more close-fitting to appear more beautiful
- Easy to Wear and Care - Adjustable and stretchable suspenders with quick release buckles allow kids to easy to pull on and off. After using the hunting waders, simply spray them off and hang them up to drip dry
- Durable and Waterproof - Gifts for your child. Chest pocket is great for storing toys, snacks, found treasures, and fishing accessories, ready to wear to the park when wet and for puddle jumping, or fishing, camping, gardening, hunting trip
- The kids chest waders suits for little kids foot length less than 7.1 inches. US Size 10.5-11.5 Little Kid. Recommend age 3-5 years old. Measure the heel to the longest toe for both feet. Take the larger of the two and compare with our size chart. For the best fit, measure your feet at the end of the day. Kids are growing fast! We therefore recommend to measure their feet regularly
LANGXUN Hip Waders for Kids
As Amazon’s Choice for kids waders, this product does not disappoint. This comfortable and breathable option is excellent for even the most active child.
- Two-ply nylon waterproof material
- Elastic suspenders
- Reinforced heel protector
- Storage pocket
- One-year warranty
- Appropriate for all seasons
- Lightweight and breathable
- Easy to adjust
- Keeps pace with growing kids
- Reports of boots leaking
The lightweight yet durable construction of these youth hip waders with boots makes them a popular choice.
XMRS Kids Candy Color Chest Waders
These brightly colored kids’ chest waders will keep your little one safe, dry, and content. They will be ready to get outside in no time with this product.
- PVC material
- Pure cotton lining
- Cleated boot foot
- Bright colors
- One year warranty
- Shows off personality
- Only meant for kids ages 3-10
If you’re looking for youth waders that put the fun in functional, then you have come to the right place. Your young child will love this model and be so excited to run outdoors.
- WATERPROOF WADERS FOR KIDS: double fabric material,high quality pvc fabric,breathable pure cotton lining.
- CHEST WADERS FOR KIDS,adjustable suspenders,boots and pants are all one piece.
- FUNCTIONAL WADERS FOR KIDS- Keep your kids dry and warm on fishing adventures,farming work,and outdoor waders waterside activities.
- CLEATED BOOTFOOT FOR KIDS-This kids chest waders's bottom is cleated design,waders shoes sizes range from 11 to 4,perfect fit for kids age 3-10 yr old.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY, our warranty covers any defect caused during product production and delivery. We can offer you full refund or free replacement, whichever is at your most convenience.
Kids Waders – Buyer’s Guide
Buying the best waders possible is imperative because your child’s safety and comfort while outdoors depends on it. If you purchase something that is not fully waterproof or does not fit properly, they could become sick from the cold or wet.
Here are some things to consider so that you end up with a product that you and your family can depend on.
There are three common materials that waders are made from: neoprene, nylon, and PVC. Many options are made from a combination of these three. A couple of products include cotton as a lining for added comfort. Neoprene tends to be heavier and less breathable than nylon or PVC, but it is also more waterproof. Youth neoprene waders also tend to last longer than waders of the other varieties.
If you don’t have to worry about frigid temperatures, then you might want to go with one of the other options because they tend to be easier to move in for small children. Additionally, if you are going to use the product mostly in the summer, then you will want to choose a material that is breathable and lightweight.
Before purchasing kids waders, you need to consider what your child will be doing with them. Some products are specifically designed for fishing, while others have more versatile construction. If you are going to be hunting, then you may want to consider camo waders. However, if your child will just be playing in a stream, then it may be appropriate to go with a bright color.
How your child will use their wader also factors into what material you should choose. If your kid will mostly be standing still and fishing, then neoprene may be a good, sturdy option. If your child will be running around and playing, then you may want to consider a less dense material, like PVC.
Pay close attention to the tread of the boot. Ensure your child’s safety by checking for a tread that will provide sufficient traction on slippery surfaces. Additionally, if the sole of the boot is not thick enough, it may be susceptible to penetration by rocks and other sharp objects.
Choose waders with reliable, durable boots to keep your child safe and injury-free.
Waders are large and bulky by design, usually containing layers of material. If the ones you purchase require a complicated care routine, then you may have difficulty carrying it out.
Kids are always making messes, so it would be a prudent move to make sure that you can clean the waders you choose easily. Additionally, complex care requirements often take significant amounts of time. If you are busy, then it would be advantageous to go with an option that doesn’t take much time to maintain.
There is a considerable variation in price for waders. Neoprene varieties tend to be more expensive, clocking in at over $100. On the contrary, other materials are often sold for as little as $30 or $40. Some companies sell options that are middle of the road, around $50.
Generally, if you pay more, you will get better qualities, but there are some inexpensive diamonds in the rough that still yield unprecedented value.
Only some companies offer a warranty for their products. If you are going to make your purchase online without seeing the product in person first, then you may want to opt for an option that offers a money-back guarantee. Before banking on using a warranty, make sure you read the fine print and understand all the stipulations of the contract.
Some warranties only last a specified length of time. Others only cover manufacturer error. In these cases, if you cause damage, even if right away, it will not be covered. It is up to you to evaluate how important potentially getting your money back is to you.
One of the biggest complaints when ordering waders is that they do not fit properly. You must check the sizing charts thoroughly. Just because your child generally wears a size eight does not automatically mean that is their size for a wader. Many complaints of improper sizing are actually due to users not interpreting the sizing charts correctly. If anything in the provided sizing charts is unclear, you should give the company a call to save you from having to return an ill-fitting product unnecessarily.
Another thing to consider is that if you order a size that is a bit on the small side, then they will likely grow out of it quickly. Many parents suggest ordering a size that is a tad big so that they can grow into it over time, and you can save money.
Ease of Wear
Waders are inherently a cumbersome object, but some are more cumbersome than others. If your child is independent, then you should consider purchasing waders that will be easy for them to put on and take off on their own. Some children do not like to be helped and would rather be able to do it themselves if possible. However, if your child does not mind assistance, then this criteria will be less relevant to you.
Looking for products with adjustable features will help to ensure that the waders continue to fit as your child grows. These features will also help to make sure that the product fits your child correctly. Some common features to consider are H-straps and belts. H-straps are great for accounting for growth over time.
Camo is a popular color choice for many hunting and fishing overalls, but it is not the only option that exists. If you are worried about your young child getting lost or wandering off, then you may want to go with a bright color that will be easy to spot from a distance. More vivid colors and designs may also be more effective at showing off your child’s personality. Your child may be more excited to wear something that is their favorite color, as opposed to a dull shade.
If you want your child to be able to carry essential things with them, such as snacks and tools, then you need to make sure that the wader is equipped with the proper pockets. Many come with a chest pocket that helps hold a wide variety of objects.
Another common pocket type that you need to consider is hand warming pockets. If you are going to be outside in a cold area for long periods, then this feature becomes especially vital. Keeping the extremities warm is a way to keep your child safe and healthy.
Now that you have been introduced to the best fishing waders for children, plus our buying tips and tricks, you should be ready to make a purchase! There is no ultimate right or wrong answer, as any buy depends on personal preference, but there are options that are more effective in certain weather conditions and for different activities.
If you know what your priorities are regarding the waders and do your research thoroughly, then you will be sure to end up with a product you love. Choose from our recommended list today to receive a pair of high-quality kids waders! Get your kid hooked on fishing with kids fishing poles and other fishing gear for kids. Take the whole family fishing with the best waders, fishing waders for women, and kids waders.