Spinnerbaits are a classic bass lure, as bass are attracted to the vibration and flash of the spinning blade or blades. Fishing a spinnerbait is fairly simple, and has led many anglers to some of their greatest catches. Learn more about spinnerbaits, one of the best bass lures.
Top 10 Spinnerbaits for Bass
There are various styles of spinner baits and factors to consider when choosing a one for these lures. These are the best spinnerbait lures for bass fishing, chosen based on angler’s reviews, quality of materials, and more. Make sure you have some of these on your next bass fishing trip.
These are the Best Spinnerbaits for Bass Fishing:
- Strike King Mini-King Spinnerbait
- Yakima Bait Wordens Original Rooster Tail Spinner Lure
- Booyah Pond Magic
- Panther Martin Spinner
- Nichols Lures Pulsator Spinnerbait
- Strike King Finesse KVD Spinnerbait
- Terminator Super Stainless Spinnerbait
- Booyah Super Shad
- Strike King Premier Plus Spinnerbait
- Booyah Tux and Tails
Strike King Mini-King Spinnerbait
The Strike King Mini-King Spinnerbait has a single Colorado diamond blade. It also comes fitted with a Diamond Dust Head and a Diamond Dust silicone skirt. This spinnerbait is smaller and lighter than most, so it is great for casting light bait or for those using ultra light rods. The Strike King Mini-King Spinnerbait is even a great lure for kids.
Strike King is known for quality, so this spinnerbait is made with premium components. It comes in 12 colors to attract bass and other species, and is known for triggering bites.
Yakima Bait Wordens Original Rooster Tail Spinner Lure
The Yakima Bait Wordens Original Rooster Tail Spinner Lure is one of the top-rated spinnerbaits out there. It has a unique spinning action that triggers strikes from bass and other fish. It also features a pulsating hackle tail to further lure in bites. The Yakima Bait Wordens Original Rooster Tail Spinner Lure has an in-line weighted design for smooth casting and retrieve.
The blade on the Yakima Bait Wordens Original Rooster Tail Spinner Lure is a thinner, willow style blade. It is made of silver, brass, or copper depending on which model you choose. This spinnerbait comes in a wide range of colors and weights, so you can choose the best one for your next fishing trip.
Booyah Pond Magic
The Booyah Pond Magic is another great lure from Booyah Baits. This spinnerbait is smaller than the standard, but it works great, especially is smaller, shallower waters like ponds. Blade and color combinations were made for bodies of water like ponds. The Booyah Pond Magic is still a strong lure, however, with a Mustad Ultra Point hook.
The 60-strand, ultra fine silicone skirt produces an alluring action for gamefish. The Booyah Pond Magic has two blades, a Colorado blade and a willow blade for optimal water disruption. It comes in 12 enticing colors.
Panther Martin Spinner
The Panther Martin Spinner is a popular spinnerbait among bass anglers. It has a unique action due to its design. The body of the lure comes through the blade, creating the easiest and fastest spinning action possible. Convex and concave blades send out sonic vibrations that entice fish, increasing your chances of making a catch.
Panther Martin Spinners have heavy bodies for long casting and deep diving. They are fitted with a premium, super sharp treble hook. The Panther Martin Spinner lure comes in 9 colors and 3 sizes.
Nichols Lures Pulsator Spinnerbait
The Nichols Lures Pulsator Spinnerbait has two willow blades for fast action spinning. These spinnerbaits are hand crafted, one at a time for premium quality. Blades and jig heads are finished with a high quality, metal flake finish that is chip resistant. A durable stainless steel wire holds the blades to the jig.
The Nichols Lures Pulsator is fitted with extra sharp Mustad Needle-Point hooks. The jig heads have 2 3D molded eyes for a realistic looking lure. The Nichols Lures Pulsator Spinnerbait comes in 30 enticing colors, and ranges in size from ⅜ ounce to ¾ ounces.
Strike King Finesse KVD Spinnerbait
Another great spinnerbait from Strike King, the Strike King Finesse KVD Spinnerbait has a realistic look and action that is sure to trigger strikes. This lure features a smaller Perfect Skirt and Magic Tail in naturalized but enticing colors. The smaller profile in water is sure to get fish to bite. The Strike King Finesse KVD Spinnerbait is a double bladed spinnerbait, with a larger willow blade and smaller Colorado blade.
This spinnerbait is featured with a premium hook, and its longer tails are sure to get more bites. The Strike King Finesse KVD Spinnerbait is versatile, and comes in 10 colors.
Terminator Super Stainless Spinnerbait
The Terminator Super Stainless Spinnerbait is a double-bladed spinnerbait, with a Colorado blade and a willow blade. There is another model with a slightly wider willow blade, also called an Oklahoma blade. This spinnerbait works well in various conditions.
The head was designed to rip through vegetation and weeds without getting snagged, so this spinner lure is especially weedless.Premium swivels help this spinnerbait maintain great action, flash, and vibration in the water. The stainless steel wire has 30% better bend resistance compared to other spinnerbaits, so this is a durable lure.
Booyah Super Shad
Another top-rated spinnerbait from Booyah Baits is the Booyah Super Shad spinnerbait. This spinnerbait is fitted with four willow blades, each a different size for different action and vibration. Booyah’s Super Shad is one of the original quad-bladed spinnerbaits.
The Booyah Super Shad has a unique action that mimics a school of fleeing baitfish. It is fitted with a 55 strand silicone skirt sure to lure in bass and other species. The Booyah Super Shad comes in 6 enticing colors.
Strike King Premier Plus Spinnerbait
Strike King makes the list for the third time, with its Strike King Premier Plus Spinnerbait. It is made with the best components, fitted with two blades. The Strike King Premier Plus Spinnerbait has 24K gold and/or nickel plated blades, one Colorado blade and one willow blade on each lure.
This spinnerbait is sure to make a catch, with a Sabre Point trailer hook pre-rigged to catch slower moving bass. The Strike King Perfect Skirt and Magic Tails are sure to lure in fish, and holographic 3D eyes make this lure look extra realistic. The Strike King Premier Plus Spinnerbait comes in 9 colors.
Booyah Tux and Tails
The Booyah Tux and Tails Spinnerbait was designed to target all freshwater game fish, making this a versatile lure. It is fitted with two jewelers grade honeycomb Colorado blades, for a bigger flash and vibration to lure in fish. The wider blades mean a slower retrieve, giving fish extra time to strike.
The Booyah Tux and Tails Spinnerbait has a silicone skirt and longer tails, for a more realistic action to lure in bass and other species. Booyah recommends an erratic retrieve to trigger strikes. This lure comes in 5 fish attracting colors.
Other Best Selling Spinner Baits
- Booyah Baits Your Best Bet For Bass Fishing
- Species: All Freshwater Game Fish
- Technique: Cast And Retrieve With Erratic Action Simulating A Wounded Baitfish
- Country of Origin:United States
- SHADDOCK Spinner baits come with double willow Blade, Hand-tied silicon skirt, Open loop for line attachment, also equipped with swivel and hook
- SHADDOCK spinner baits can work in whole swimming layer, great for bass, carp, mandarin fish and snakehead fishing
- Shaddock Spinner baits are made of metal and soft elastic silicone skirt (weight: 0.64oz/pc)
- Attractive swim action with less vibration and more visible flash, simulating the injured white fish with erratic movements
- Package: 6pcs/9pcs, Multicolor
- Designed For Maximum Vibration
- Perfect For Cool- Or Murky-Water Situations
- Features A 55-Strand Bio-Flex Silicone Skirt
- The Skirt Undulates Like A Baitfish
- Each spinnerbait weight about 0.64oz. Package include: 6pcs spinnerbaits, six different colors.
- The spinnerbait has realistic hand-painted head with flared gill plates, a heavy weed guard to help come through cover easier.
- Copper willow double-blade combinations enhance flash and vibration, they spinner straight and buzz correctly, not easy to rust.
- Cast and retrieve with erratic action simulating a wounded baitfish, allowing the buzz prop to turn and attract attention.
- High quality, superior craftsmanship and ultra-sharp hooks, longest-lasting spinnerbaits, great for bass, carp, mandarin fish, snakehead fishing.
- Fishing Lures List: 5 pcs spinner baits, 5 different colors.Each spinnerbait weight about 5/8 oz / 17g.
- Copper willow double-blade combinations enhance flash and vibration, they spinner straight and buzz correctly, not easy to rust.
- Spinner baits come with double willow Blade, Hand-tied silicon skirt, Open loop for line attachment, also equipped with swivel and hook.
- Spinner bait has realistic head with flared gill plates , skirt lures and 3D eyes, a heavy weed guard to help come through cover easier .
- Fishing gifts for man:Comes with a high Carbon Steel Razor Sharp Treble Hooks,Great for Bass, Trout, Walleye, Northern Pike and Salmon.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: If you receive a problem with the quality of the product, or if the quantity is incorrect, please contact us in time.We offer 100% satisfaction guarantee and back up with an unconditional refund within 30 days.
- FLUID ROTATION: smooth-running ball bearing and clevis help double willow leaf blade 360 rotating freely without limit,which can helps to make buzzing sound underwater, giving off more flash and vibration, attract the target fish efficiently.
- TRADITIONAL STRUCTURE: wire arm helps to come through cover easier. Additionally, upward hook point design also helps to prevent hook snag from weeds.
- WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: Goture spinnerbaits are perfect for freshwater: silver blade work well in clear water and gold blade do well in stained water. Suitable for bass fishing and trout fishing, such as bass, pike, trout, ect.
- WORKING PRINCIPLE: Goture spinnerbait fall into the water to reach the desired layer , pick up the tip of the rod and drag the bait. The willow blade 360 rotating freely without limit and make a buzzing sound in the water, to attract the target fish.
- Each Spinnerbait Weight:17.5g/0.62oz.Length:3.15"-4.72"Diving Depth: Whole swimming layer.
- Comes with a high Carbon Steel Razor Sharp Treble Hooks(4#),Great for Bass, Trout, Walleye, Northern Pike and Salmon.
- Most anglers retrieve spinnerbaits shallow, these lures can be very effective when crawled across the bottom, and fished in a slow , deep, lift and drop manner
- The Spinners Fishing Lure, Premium quality blade provides continuous flash and vibration. Are designed for bass fishing and trout fishing, named bass lures and trout lures as well
- Package include:6pcs spinnerbaits in different colors;Fisherman gifts for men;spinner baits for bass fishing;large mouth bass lures
- 🐟 QUANTITY: 6pcs Spinnerbait Fishing Lures. (Mixed Colors)
- 🐟 UNIQUE DESIGN: The buzz bait is composed of steel wire, rotating windwill triangle-blade, lifelike fish head lead jigs and plastic skirts. Buzzbait is a great tool for locating bass in the shallows, also an important one for finding fish.
- 🐟 REALISTIC LOOK & ACTION: This spinner lures feature a 3D eyes and 100-strand skirts in naturalized but enticing colors to trigger strikes. The windwill blades create the easiest and fastest spinning action possible, send out sonic vibrations that entice fish, increasing your chances of making a catch.
- 🐟 PREMIUM HOOKS: Stainless steel barbed worm hook has sharp hook point, is high strength and corrosion resistance. Offset point and bait keeper barb keep your lure/bait from sliding down the worm hook. Applicable to freshwater and saltwater fishing.
- 🐟 NECESSARY TOOL: The chatter baits come in 6 colors to attract bass and other species, and is known for triggering bites, you can select the best one for your next fishing trip!
- HANDMADE - WINNING QUALITY - The TRUSCEND Fishing Lures made of environmental friendly quality soft plastic and able to withstand the strong bite of aggressive fish. Hand spraying makes the appearance and touch of the bait more realistic and plump.
- UNIQUE DESIGN - 3D t-shaped soft tail with 360° spinner blade can kicks and thumps even at slow speeds. A super-lifelike soft jerkbait whose lively design perfectly emulates erratic baitfish action.
- LONG CASTING JIGHEAD - Having an ideal weight for long casting and slow sinking, Truscend Jig lures can achieve a slow, flutter presentation. Featuring a precisely engineered shape, the soft body swimbaits has a great kicking action at both ultra-slow speeds and moderately fast speeds.
- WIDELY FISHING SPECIES - Whether you are fishing reefs, estuaries, rivers, fresh or saltwater, this Truscend Soft bait will become your essential paddle tail lure to target bass, trout, Walleye, pike snook, salmon, redfish and many more.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - The fishing baits is only manufactured and sold by TRUSCEND. We are responsible for our product quality and customer service. DO NOT buy counterfeits from third-party sellers. If you have any questions, please contact us and we will reply you in 12 hours!
What is a Spinnerbait?
A spinnerbait is a type of lure that is made up of a bent wire, with a jighead on one end and one or more spinning blades on the other end. The jig is usually fitted with a rubber skirt to look like a baitfish. The blade or blades are attached by a swivel, allowing them to turn and flutter in the water, creating a vibration and noise to attract fish. The blades also flash in the water, visually luring in bass as well.
When choosing a spinnerbait, consider your desired speed of retrieval and running depth. Different types of spinnerbaits have different numbers of and types of blades. The shape and size of the blades will affect the vibration, retrieval speed, and running depth of the spinnerbait.
Types of Spinnerbait Blades
Spinnerbaits come with three different styles of blades: willow blades, Colorado blades, and Indiana blades. These blades are different in shape, which affects how they move through the water and how they disrupt it, so they have different vibrations.
Willow blades are narrow and longer, so they cut through water more easily. They are the fastest moving of the blades, and can also dive deeper because their thin design allows them to cut through water. Willow blades spin fast, but they don’t disrupt the water as much as the wider blades. They are best used when bass are nearby and actively chasing and biting.
Colorado blades are the roundest and slowest moving. Because they are wide and round, they make more of a disruption in the water and can attract bass from further away. They also move the slowest because of the added friction with the large blade. In low visibility waters or when bass aren’t biting, Colorado blades work well to trigger strikes.
The Indiana blade is in between the shapes of the willow and Colorado blades, sort of a medium sized oval. It therefore can move faster than the Colorado blade but slower than the willow, and makes larger vibrations than the willow but smaller than the Colorado. They run at a more moderate speed.
Since many spinnerbaits have more than one blade, many have a combination of these different blade styles for different action, noise, and depth.
How To Fish a Spinnerbait
Fishing a spinnerbait is pretty simple, and most anglers use a straight retrieve. The blades make enough action and movement that a straight retrieve works well, and the angler doesn’t have to add much action. Since you can cast and reel them straight back in, they are useful when covering larger areas of water and trying to figure out where the bass are hiding.
Fish spinnerbaits on windy, overcast days. They are relatively weedless, so they will fish well through light weeds like grass, but not heavy cover. Spinnerbaits are useful when enticing bass from under areas like docks or along edges of vegetation where they typically hide.
Spinnerbait Bass Fishing
If the straight retrieve isn’t getting you any bites, many anglers try to jerk their spinnerbaits to trigger a reaction strike. It shouldn’t be a constant twitch, but the occasional sudden jerk can catch a bass’ attention.
Another method of spinnerbait bass fishing is to run the bait up fairly high so that the blades spin at the surface of the water, creating more of a disturbance. To try this technique, keep your rod tip high to run the lure just below the surface.
If the fish aren’t biting, try changing up the depth, blades, or colors of your spinnerbaits.
Spinnerbaits and More for Bass Fishing
Now that you’ve found the best spinnerbaits for bass, prepare for your next bass fishing trip with help from Fishmasters. Whether you’re looking for the best bass fishing locations in PA, the best bass jigs, or other tips and tricks, Fishmasters is your go-to source for all things fishing.