Whenever you are planning an ice fishing trip, you want to make sure you are bringing the right equipment to make the most out of your trip. Ice fishing buckets are a simple but useful piece of equipment to bring with you.
While some people like to bring along all their special bells and whistles like ice shanties and ATVs, others prefer to keep it simple. All you need to complete the perfect ice fishing trip is a great fishing bucket so that you can bring along the most important thing to catch your fish – the bait. The bait you choose to bring along will be the deciding factor on if get nibbles or catches. Most fish prefer to go after live bait, so it is important to have the best ice fishing bucket to keep your bait fresh. Ice fishing buckets can also be used to carry gear, as a seat, and to keep anglers organized.
Ice Fishing Buckets
Today we are going to go over some of the best ice fishing buckets, as well some of the best accessories for them. We’ll break down some of the best ice buckets for your next ice fishing trip.
These are the Best Ice Fishing Buckets:
- ENGEL Live Bait Cooler
- Clam Bait Bucket with Insulated Carry Case
- Frabill 4825 Insulated Bait Bucket
- YETI Loadout Impact Resistant Fishing/Utility Bucket
- Frabill Sit-N-Fish Bucket 160024
No matter where you are fishing, the ENGEL Live Bait Cooler should be at the top of your list if you’re looking for somewhere to store your bait. It works in the coldest of cold and the harshest of heat, thanks to its two-speed pump. The batteries for the pump can be charged through your car’s cigarette lighter port and can last up to 4 days on one charge. This is a top of the line bait bucket that will keep your bait fresher for longer.
- Airtight EVA Gasket Seal Recessed Ergonomic
- 2-Speed Pump Maximizes Aeration and Battery Life
- Water-Resistant Housing Protects Motor and Suppresses Noise
- Remove the Pump and Hose and Easily Convert to Cooler
- Compact and Lightweight
Clam Bait Bucket with Insulated Carry Case
While this bait bucket doesn’t have tons of bells and whistles, it is a simple, effective bait bucket. It has an insulated carrying case that will keep your bait fresh no matter what temperature you’re fishing in. You also won’t have to worry about any leakage, as the carrying case has a watertight seal. If you are looking for a simple yet effective bait bucket, this is the choice for you.
- Product Type: Fishing Equipment
- Country Of Origin: China
- Item Package Weight: 0.431 Kgs
- Item Package Dimensions: 18.288 L X 19.558 W X 22.606 H (Cm)
Frabill 4825 Insulated Bait Bucket
A compact bait bucket with a built-in aerator, the Frabill 4825 Insulated Bait Bucket is a great ice fishing bucket. This bait bucket can hold over a gallon of water and bait, which will stay alive longer thanks to its insulated liner. It also has a built-in liner to keep your live bait secure.
- Frabill Insulated Bait bucket with included aerator
- 1.3 gallon capacity
- Insulated Liner allowing to your bait to stay alive longer
- Built in compartment lid and lid housed aerator. Hose hole in lid
Yeti Loadout Impact Resistant Fishing/Utility Bucket
If you are looking for a multi use bucket that you can put anything in, this Yeti Bucket is great. You can store your bait or anything else you need to in this bucket. It is really well made with quality materials. You won’t have to worry about it breaking because it has the trusted Yeti name on it. With it you will be able to bring any bait, catch, or use it as your ice fishing seat.
- The unsung hero of hard work deserved a little attention. The YETI ultra-durable LoadOut bucket is designed for lugging, loading, hauling, and baling
- BEARFOOT Non-slip ring - No slipping, no sliding, and it's non-marking
- FOOD SAFE - just in case
- SURESTRONG Build - This workhorse is high-impact-resistant and virtually indestructible
- HEFTYHAULER Handle - Designed for easy hauling and comfortable carrying
Frabill Sit-N-Fish Bucket
One of the best, versatile ice fishing buckets, the Frabill Sit-N-Fish Bucket acts as a seat and an ice fishing bucket. This bucket is great, not only because it has a built-in seat, but it also holds up to 6 gallons with a ten quart insulated inner bucket. If you add an aerator, you can use it for live bait, or you can store your catches in it if you fill it with ice.
- Frabill | Trusted By Anglers Since 1938
- Eliminate extra gear and keep your load light with the Sit-N-Fish bait bucket
- Comfortable padded foam cushion lid snaps on tightly to the top of the bucket
- Beverage holders on inner bucket lid
- 10-quart insulated liner protects bait from extreme temperatures | 6-gallon bucket
Ice Bucket Accessories
Make the most of your ice fishing bucket with additional accessories. Some of the most useful accessories are ice fishing bucket seats and ice fishing bucket organizers.
These are Some of the Best Ice Bucket Organizers and Accessories:
- Big Bear Silent Spin Bucket Seat
- Brocraft Ice Fishing Bucket Rod Storage Organizer
- Wild River by CLC Tackle Tek Rigger Lighted Bucket Organizer
- Bucket Boss the Bucketeer Bucket Tool Organizer in Brown
- HT IBT-5 Iceman Bucket Tote
For those who are looking for a comfortable seat to put on top of their bucket, the Big Bear Silent Spin Bucket Seat is a good place to start. As the name suggests, the seat spins so you can seamlessly swivel from hole to hole to check on your lines. It fits on any five-gallon bucket or flat surface. So, if you are looking for a comfortable ice fishing bucket seat, then look no further.
- Fits On Five Gallon Bucket
- Silently Spins
- Features Stylish Camo Pattern
- Country Of Origin: United States
Brocraft Ice Fishing Bucket Rod Storage Organizer
A sturdy and helpful piece of equipment, the Brocraft Ice Fishing Bucket Rod Storage Organizer will keep all of your rods organized and untangled. If you are looking for a way to keep your rods organized, this will be the choice for you. It will help you keep your bucket organized and will make it easier to carry around your rods or leave a rod unattended while you wait for a bite.
- Ice Fishing Storage Organizer Keeps Your Rods Tangle Free
- Bungee cords keep your rods safe and secure
- Holds 2 rods/reels
Wild River by CLC Tackle Tek Rigger Lighted Bucket Organizer
If you are looking for the perfect ice fishing bucket organizer, the Wild River by CLC Bucket Organizer is it. It was specially made for ice fishing purposes. This organizer has pockets so that you can store all of your equipment, even a special pocket to house an aerator. It also comes with a seat cover to make your bucket into a seat. There is also a light on it that will allow you to fish at night or in dark places.
- Handle with integrated LED light System allows for fishing from dusk to dawn
- Storage pockets with securing straps for two 3500 style trays
- Zipper pocket designed to hold your bait aerator and spare batteries with slot for air hose and the clear internal pocket keeps your maps and licenses visible but dry
- Comes with 2 - PT3500 trays
- Comes with removable light, plier holder, Retractable Lanyard, bucket and bucket seat
Bucket Boss the Bucketeer Bucket Tool Organizer
A cost-effective way of organizing your ice fishing bucket, the Bucket Boss will help you keep all of your equipment organized. Originally made for tool buckets, the Bucket Boss can also be used for fishing purposes. It will allow you to have plenty of storage possibilities due to its various pockets and loops. You can bring along all of your rods, reels, traps, jigs, baits – you name it, with the Bucket Boss you can bring it.
- Bucket Boss The Bucketeer Bucket Tool Organizer in Brown, 10030
- 3 interior loops for hammers, drills, pry bars and other long-handled tools
- Fits most 5 gallon buckets
HT IBT-5 Iceman Bucket Tote
As far as ice fishing bucket organizers go, simplicity and effectiveness goes a long way. That is why the HT IBT-5 Iceman Bucket Tote is a great choice for anyone who is looking for a bucket organizer. It was built with ice fishing in mind. This organizer has space for up to 6-8 rods meaning you can bring along all of your favorite rods. With all of its pockets that wrap all the way around the bucket, you can also bring anything else you will need on your trip.
What are Ice Fishing Buckets Used For?
An ice fishing bucket can be a surprisingly versatile tool. Learn how to use your bucket to make for an easier and more successful ice fishing trip!
Live Bait Storage
When you are ice fishing, you won’t be able to store your live bait in anything other than an ice fishing bucket or cooler. Typically, when you’re using live bait during warmer seasons, you can store your live bait in almost anything.
That is not the case when you are ice fishing. You will have to use an ice fishing bucket – ideally an insulated one – so that your bait doesn’t freeze. Most fish that you will try and catch through the ice are more receptive to live bait, so you want to be sure to keep it fresh so that the fish keep biting.
Ice Bucket Seats
On your ice fishing trip, you will be out there for a long period of time, so you want to make sure you have somewhere comfy to sit. Your ice bucket can make the perfect seat if you don’t want to lug around even more equipment. All you need to do is bring along a pad or seat cover that will sit on top of the ice bucket, although some come with padded seats already. If your bucket isn’t made to be a seat, bring along a seat cover like the Big Bear Silent Spin Bucket Seat.
Ice Fishing Gear Storage
Storage is a really important part of ice fishing – you don’t want to lug a lot of heavy equipment across the ice. Ice fishing bucket organizers can help with that. They can help you organize all of your equipment and accessories, so you have a place for all of your ice fishing essentials.
This can help you make the most of what little space you have and make it easy to carry your gear from hole to hole. Bucket rod holders can also hold your ice fishing rod for you while you wait for a bite.
If you are planning an ice fishing trip, you always want to make sure that you have the right equipment. One of the best places to start with your ice fishing equipment is your ice fishing bucket. You will need you bucket to keep your bait alive and your catch fresh.
By adding different accessories like seat covers, rod holders, and bucket organizers you can turn your bucket into the most important thing to bring on your trip. You can keep all your equipment in one place and bring along a reliable seat as well. Whether you prefer a simple or extravagant ice fishing trip, it all starts with bringing the right ice fishing bucket.
If you are trying to find the best equipment to make the most out of your trip, or other ice fishing guides, check out Fishmasters.